Wonder Woman festival is a range of events taking place to celebrate the feminism movement running from the 3rd to the 13th of March in Manchester. I will be covering many events at the festival here on the website and over on my youtube channel.
One event I am particularly excited about is the Mean Girls event on the 11th and 12th of March at the Hope Mill Theatre.
Produced by Girl Gang Manchester, a group of creative women that work together to create events that bring together a community of people (of all genders) in Manchester to promote creativity, collaboration, confidence and positivity. Their aim is to help inspire and support women in their lives and promote equality.
The event centres around the iconic 2004 film Mean Girls, one of the most quotable and highly recognised American high school films. Girl Gang Manchester aim to create a newly imagined Girl World where women join together and support each other.
The event itself is taking place to emphasise the importance of female friendship and encouraging women to be true to themselves and embrace the uniqueness of the women around them. They will also be celebrating Manchester women in creative industries as they promote local artists and businesses.
As well as a screening of the film, the evening will involve;
- The Ultimate Mean Girls Quiz
- Mini market of female run businesses
- “Reclaim your shame” write down the cruelest comments you’ve received in the “Anti burn book” to leave negativity in the past
- Send candy canes of love and appreciation to your friends
- Pose for prom style photographs in the Spring Fling Photo Booth
- Workshops including cake decorating, creative writing, body positivity, everyday politics..and many more
- Pop up performances from local female artists
- An academic film introduction from Wonder Woman programmer and freelance writer Stevie Mackenzie-Smith
- A female anthem danceathon until the early hours
It is set to be an exciting and informative evening that will recognise women for being strong, hardworking, ambitious, creative and determined.
After a complete sell-out of the screening on Friday the 11th, another date has been added on Saturday the 12th and tickets can be found here.
A huge celebration to round up what is bound to be an incredible Wonder Woman festival.